This advanced WordPress course is for those who already have a solid grounding with the basics of WordPress and wish to take their websites further using the latest online marketing techniques combined with the best features of WordPress. The course is not for experts, but builds on what has been learned in the introductory course.
Topics Covered Include…
Themes and Plugins
- Getting the best out of the Genesis framework
- Configuring and Customising Genesis Child Themes
- Using Featured Images/Pages for the perfect design and homepage
- Run an Online Store with the leading eCommerce Plugins
- Run and Sell Events, Tickets, Courses or Holidays with the Events Manager Plugin
- Advanced Website Forms with Contact Form 7
- Advanced Widgets
- Editing and Optimising Images for WordPress
- Portfolios, Screengrabs and Image Galleries
- Videos and Screencasts
- Using WordPress Multisite
- Making money with affiliate schemes
Increasing Traffic and Conversions
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Getting Links into your Site
- Advertising with Google AdWords
- Advertising with Facebook
- Tracking Conversions
- Using Google Analytics
- Email Marketing with MailChimp
Please note this course outline is a guide and not all elements will be covered in extensive depth. If there are any other subjects you would like to see included on the advanced course, please let me know here and I will consider including them.
This course will be priced at £495, but discounts will be available for earlybird bookings and previous attendees of the introductory course.
- Tue – 17th Jan
- Tue – 14th Feb
- Tue – 13th Mar
How the course works
- Please bring your own laptop with WiFi. Wireless broadband and power sockets are provided.
- You will use your own WordPress website for the course, but can be provided with a test site to practice on during the day if you prefer.
- You will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. A wide range of features will be demonstrated and all training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a decent working knowledge of using the basics of WordPress like controlling menus, pages, posts and settings.
- Arrive from 9.30am for tea and coffee ready for a start at 9.45. We will cover all the basics of WordPress and have your own site up and running before lunch!
- After a break for lunch, we’ll go through everything WordPress can do in more detail. You will learn how to control the structure, look and feel, add essential features, forms, track visitors, get ranked well on search engines, take easy PayPal payments on the site and much much more.
- The course ends at 5pm
- You will be invited to stay around for further discussion with Toby and with each other, about WordPress, about your website and about your business. Toby will be around til after 6pm to give you further advice and guidance about your site. Stay for drinks, food and further discussion as long as as you like, even til closing time – a great networking opportunity!
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials.
- 9.30am – Arrive for tea, coffee and registration.
- 9.45am – Introduction and informal discussion while everyone sets up their laptops and gets online.
- 10 am – Course begins
- 1pm – Break for lunch (please note lunch is not included, but a specially discounted lunch menu is available)
- 1.45pm – Course resumes
- 5pm – Course ends. You are invited to stick around for further assistance with WordPress, with your site and general networking over drinks.
The course runs in the perfectly suited private function room of The Burlington Arms, often used for business meetings and training. The Burlington Arms is in the heart of London, and just 5 mins walk from Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Circus and Green Park tube stations.
Any questions, just call us or contact us – see top right of page.