Learn to build your own website in ONE day for £145
WordPress is the world’s most popular website building tool and this hands-on course takes you through from the basics, including installing and setting up your website, to cover all the most useful features and tools the WordPress website platform offers.
On this training course, you will build your own website, including learning how to…
- get hosting and a domain name
- set up and manage your site
- add content, images and videos
- add structure and navigation menus
- apply an attractive design using easy templates
- make the site search engine friendly, so you rank well
- add contact forms, maps and take payments
- add social networking and track visitors
- add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
- and much, much more…
Get your own domain name
After the course, we can set your site up on any UK domain name of your choice, brand new or an existing one you already own. You can keep the site after the course, hosted free for one year. After that, hosting is available from just £8/mo for our standard WordPress hosting package – see more details of our hosting packages here.
Web Design Training Course – Topics Covered
- Introduction to the world’s leading web design platform, WordPress
- Installation and Set Up
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Adding content with Posts and Pages
- Navigation Menus
- Images and Videos
- Galleries and Portfolios
- Contact Forms and Maps
- Security, Stability and Backing Up
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Tracking – traffic, visitors and site stats
- How to get visitors and “traffic”
- SEO – “Search Engine Optimisation” – how to get up Google!
- Google’s free tools: Analytics, AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Trends and Keywords
- Blogs and Forums
- Facebook, Twitter and social networking
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- Make your site easy to navigate, accessible and print friendly
- Auto Translate – have your site written in any language for free
- WordPress for the small business
- Making money out of your website
How the course works
- Please bring your own laptop with WiFi – PC or Mac is fine. Wireless broadband and power sockets are provided.
- No experience is needed – WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. All training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine!
- Arrive at 9.30am to get online, and for tea and coffee ready for a 9.45am start . We will cover all the basics of WordPress and have your own site up and running before lunch!
- After a break for lunch, we’ll go through everything WordPress can do in more detail. You will learn how to control the structure, look and feel and add essential features like pages, text/images and forms. Learn how to track visitors, get ranked well on search engines, take easy PayPal payments on your site and much, much more.
- The course ends by 5pm
- You will be invited to stay around for further discussion with your trainer Toby and with each other, about WordPress, about your website and about your business. You are welcome to stay for drinks, food and further discussion as long as as you like – a great networking opportunity!
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting, after which time it is from just £8/mo for unlimited space and bandwidth. See more details on our great value WordPress hosting here.
So why not sign up to this hands-on course and learn to build your website in one day with WordPress, the world’s leading website builder…
Any questions, just call us or contact us here.