- This event has passed.
Learn WordPress & Build a Website in 1 Day
Wed 12th Dec 2018 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm£145 – £195
WordPress Training Course in Manchester
This hands-on course teaches you all the essentials of building, running and marketing websites using WordPress, the world’s leading website solution.
In just one day, you will create your own stunning website, which is then hosted free for one year.
Whether you already have a website and want to manage it properly or are starting completely from scratch, this course is for you!
About the course
We cover everything from WordPress installation and set up, to all the most useful features and tools WordPress offers. You get a brand new website to work on through the day, which you will practise on and make your own. You’ll apply an attractive design and make the site search engine friendly. You’ll add all the features you need to further develop and run the site yourself.
Get your own domain name
You can keep the website after the course to practise on. You can develop and launch the site, complete with any domain name you want, or one you already own. We host your WordPress website free for one year. After that, hosting is available from just £8/mo for our unlimited WordPress hosting package. See details of our hosting packages here.
How the course works
- The course runs from 9.30am–5pm and typically has 4-6 attendees, but is limited to 8 places.
- Bring your own laptop: PC, Mac or Chromebook are all fine. Or hire a laptop here. WiFi and power sockets are provided.
- No experience is needed. WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. You get all training materials after the course, so don’t worry about “falling behind”.
- This course is intensive and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you’re happy using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, then you’ll be fine!
- Arrive at 9.30am to get online and for tea and coffee, ready for a 9.45am start. We cover all the basics of WordPress and you will quickly learn to add essential features like pages, text, images, videos, links and a blog. Your site will be up and running by lunch!
We will break for lunch at around 12.30pm.
- Lunch is not included, but lunch at this venue is great and excellent value. This is the perfect time to further discuss what you do and what your website is for with your trainer, Toby, and with the other attendees.
- After lunch, you learn how to control the structure, look and feel of your site. Build an easy contact form to receive enquiries. Learn how to rank well on search engines, track visitors, take easy PayPal payments on your site and much, much more. See the full course outline here.
- The course ends around 4.30pm and you are welcome to stay around to ask any final questions. Get further assistance with WordPress and with your site, plus enjoy more general networking with other attendees.
- After the course, you receive all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting, then you have the option to continue for just £8/mo. See more details on our great value WordPress hosting here.
Please note the new venue. This course now runs in the Albion Chambers at Albion Wharf in the heart of Manchester.
Often used for business meetings and perfectly suited for these training courses, these serviced offices are at 19 Albion Street right next to Trumpet Street and are situated adjacent to the canal and the Bridgewater Hall.
Conveniently located between Oxford Road and Deansgate railway stations and facing the Manchester Convention Centre metrolink tram stop, Manchester Airport is within a 20 minute drive away providing easy access to the motorway network, with the M6 forging North and South and the M60 linking West and East.
- Manchester Airport 8 Miles (13 km)
- Deansgate 0.1 Miles (0.2 km)
- A57 (M) Jnct L 0.3 Miles (0.5km)
We recommend public transport, but if you do wish to drive, see plenty of parking options near the venue at Parkopedia.
To encourage early booking, the first-booked “Earlybird Tickets” are the cheapest available with the ticket prices going up the later you book.
If you have any questions, just call us or contact us here.