Wed, 20 Jul 2016 0 Spaces Remaining
10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
See bottom of page to book...
Location...The Horse and Stables
124 Westminster Bridge Rd
This hands-on course teaches you all the basics of building, running and marketing websites using WordPress, the world’s leading website solution. In one day, you will build your own stunning website, which will be hosted free for one year. The course runs from 10am to 5.30pm and is limited to 10 places.
About the course
We cover everything from WordPress installation and set up to all the most useful features and tools WordPress offers. You get a brand new site to work on through the day, which you will practise on and make your own. You will apply an attractive design, make the site search engine friendly and add all the features and functionality you need to further develop and run the site yourself.
Get your own domain name
After the course, we can set your site up on any UK domain name of your choice, brand new or an existing one you already own. You can keep the site after the course, hosted free for one year. After that, hosting is available from just £8/mo for our standard WordPress hosting package – see more details of our hosting packages here.
How the course works
- Please bring your own laptop (PC or Mac) with WiFi. Wireless broadband and power sockets are provided.
- No experience is needed – WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. All training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine!
- Arrive at 10am to get online, and for tea and coffee ready for a prompt start . We will cover all the basics of WordPress and have your own site up and running before lunch!
- You will learn how to control the structure, look and feel and add essential features like pages, text and images. After a break for lunch, we’ll go through everything WordPress can do in more detail. Learn how to use contact forms to receive enquiries, track visitors, get ranked well on search engines, take easy PayPal payments on your site and much, much more.
- The course ends around 5pm and you will be invited to stay around for further discussion with Toby and with each other, about WordPress, about your website and about your business. Toby will be around after the course to give you further advice and guidance about your site.
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting, then you have the option to continue for just £8/mo. See more details on our great value WordPress hosting here.
- 10.00am – Arrive for tea, coffee and to get online.
- 10.15am – Introduction to WordPress
- 10.30am – You are guided through setting up your new website
- 1pm – Lunch (not included, but the lunch menu is great value and lunch is the perfect time to further discuss WordPress with Toby and each other)
- 1.45pm – Course resumes
- 5.30pm – Course ends. You are invited to stick around for further assistance with WordPress, with your site and general networking over drinks.
This course runs in the perfectly suited private function room of The Horse and Stables, often used for training and business meetings. This venue is in central London, just 5-10 mins walk from Waterloo Station, on four tube lines (Jubilee, Northern, Bakerloo and Waterloo and City).
WordPress Training Course – Topics Covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installation and set up
- Admin panel, settings and basic configuration
- Posts and pages
- Users, links and comments
- Plugins, themes and frameworks
- Why and how to use the industry standard, Genesis framework
- Navigation menus, sidebars and widgets
- Images, videos and audio
- Galleries and portfolios
- Maps, contact forms and blocking spam
- Take easy online/card payments with PayPal
- Security, stability and backing up
- How to get and track visitors and “traffic”
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Google’s free tools: Analytics, AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Trends and Keyword Planner
- Categories, blogs and forums
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and social networking
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- Make your site easy to navigate, accessible and print friendly
- Translate – have your site written in any language for free
- WordPress for the small business
- Making money out of your website
Any questions, just call us or contact us – see top right of page.
This event is fully booked.