Learn WordPress & build a website in ONE day for £145.
WordPress is the world’s best and most popular website builder and this hands-on course takes you through from the basics, including installation and set up, to cover all the most useful features and tools WordPress offers. Whether you already have a site and want to manage it properly or are starting completely from scratch, this is the course for you.
You will learn to…
- set up and run a great website of your own
- add content, images and videos
- add structure and navigation menus
- apply an attractive design using easy templates
- make the site search engine friendly
- add contact forms, maps and take payments
- add social networking and track visitors
- learn to add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
and much, much more…
Get your own domain name
After the course, we can set your site up on any UK domain name of your choice, brand new or an existing one you already own. You can then keep the site after the course, hosted for free for one year. After that, hosting is available from just £8/mo for our unlimited WordPress hosting package.
WordPress Training Course – Topics Covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Install, set up and update WordPress automatically
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Creating pages and posts… and understanding the difference
- Sourcing, editing and uploading images
- Add videos from YouTube
- Users, categories and links
- Comments and avoiding spam
- Organising your posts and articles into a blog
- Add and customise the top navigation menus
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best plugins
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best themes
- Customise themes with colours and navigation menus
- Insert a logo which automatically links to the homepage
- Add sidebar widgets for search, social media, static and dynamic content
- Ensuring a responsive, mobile friendly design
- Themes vs frameworks
- Why and how to use the industry-standard Genesis framework
- Add contact forms to receive visitors’ enquiries
- Add an interactive Google Map so visitors can find you
- Create a product/sales page and buy now button
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Automatically create search engine friendly XML sitemaps
- Using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugins to rank well
- Keyword research and SEO strategies to rank well on Google
- Security, stability and backing up
- Backup your site the easy way
- How to get visitors/traffic and track it with Google Analytics
- Facebook, Twitter and social networking
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- Make your site easy to navigate, accessible and print friendly
- Auto Translate – have your site translated into any language for free
- WordPress features and benefits for the small business, company, individual or charity
- Making money out of your website
Our WordPress training courses also include advice to help you…
- Choose and buy a good, search engine optimised domain name
- Get the best hosting for your WordPress website
- Apply your chosen domain name to your website, using DNS settings
- Set up email addresses
- Get the best tools and services for various aspects of the site – mostly free, some paid – a comprehensive list of useful resources is included
Our WordPress training courses are perfect for anyone who…
- Wants to create a website they can manage themselves
- Already has or runs a WordPress site and wants to know how to manage it properly
- Wants to know best practises and save time avoiding all the pitfalls and delays
- Is frustrated with paying web developers to build and manage websites for them and wants to take back control!
- Wants to earn additional income by building or selling websites
- Wants a new career or a new skill to enhance their CV
How the course works
- Please bring your own laptop: PC, Mac or Chromebook, any is fine. Or you can hire a laptop for the day here.
- WiFi and power sockets are provided
- No experience is needed – WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day.
- All training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine! (see more advice in our FAQ here)
- After the course you are welcome to stay around for further discussion with your trainer Toby and with each other, about WordPress, about your website and about your business.
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting, after which time it is from just £8/mo for unlimited space and bandwidth.
- See more advice on PC vs Mac, paying for the course and much more in our FAQ here.