Learn WordPress & build a website in ONE day for £145.
WordPress is the world’s most popular web design tool and this London-based, hands-on course takes you through from the basics, including installation and set up, to cover all the most useful features and tools WordPress offers.
You will learn to…
- set up and run a great website of your own
- add content, images and videos
- add structure and navigation menus
- apply an attractive design using easy templates
- make the site search engine friendly
- add contact forms, maps and take payments
- add social networking and track visitors
- add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
- and much, much more…
Get your own domain name
After the course, we can set your site up on any UK domain name of your choice, brand new or an existing one you already own. You can keep the site after the course, hosted free for one year. After that, hosting is available from just £8/mo for our standard WordPress hosting package – see more details of our hosting packages here.
London WordPress Training Course – Topics Covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installation and Set Up
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Posts and Pages
- Categories and Tags
- Users, Links and Comments
- Themes and Plugins
- Theme Frameworks
- Why and how to use the Genesis framework
- Menus and Widgets
- Images and Videos
- Galleries and Portfolios
- Contact Forms and Maps
- Security, Stability and Backing Up
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Tracking – traffic, visitors and site stats
- How to get visitors and “traffic”
- SEO – “Search Engine Optimisation” – how to get up Google!
- Google’s free tools: Analytics, AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Trends and Keywords
- Blogs and Forums
- Facebook, Twitter and social networking
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
How the course works
- Please arrive at the London training venue with your own laptop (WiFi and power sockets are provided)
- WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. All training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a decent working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress.
- Arrive from 9.30am for tea and coffee ready for a start at 9.45. We will cover all the basics of WordPress and have your own site up and running before lunch!
- After a break for lunch, we’ll go through everything WordPress can do in more detail. You will learn how to control the structure, look and feel, add essential features, forms, track visitors, get ranked well on search engines, take easy PayPal payments on the site and much much more.
- The course ends by 5pm
- You will be invited to stay around for further discussion with your trainer Toby and with each other, about WordPress, about your website and about your business. You are welcome to stay for drinks, food and further discussion as long as as you like – a great networking opportunity!
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting, after which time it is from just £8/mo for 1GB and unlimited bandwidth. See more details on our great value WordPress hosting here.
Any questions, just call us or contact us here