Like all current Genesis child themes, Altitude is fully mobile responsive, and easy to customise.
It also sports a parallax design, a full width layout, with a long scrolling homepage and where the background moves at a slower rate to the foreground. This creates a 3D effect as you scroll down the website homepage. Used in moderation, it gives a nice, subtle element of depth.
Parallax designs are becoming increasingly popular and so more WordPress themes are being released which cater to this extra demand.
Parallax websites have a number of benefits, but also some downsides…
- They look cool, which leads to better visitor engagement
- This can lead to longer visitor time on the website
- The overall website traffic can increase as a result
- Heavier coding is required for the effect, which can slow down page loading times. If well optimised images are used, this problem can be minimized.
- Some people just don’t like long-scrolling pages