The Genesis framework is the industry standard of WordPress themes and the Gutenberg-ready Corporate child theme that runs on Genesis, is proving to be one of the most popular Genesis child themes around. At WP Courses, we practise what we preach and so this very website uses it!
Ignore the “Corporate” bit!
Totally disregard the “corporate” theme of the theme! It’s just an example styling. This theme is perfect for almost any typical website, be it a site for a business, charity, artist, NGO, you name it!
(The only exceptions are sites with specific niche requirements in how they exclusively showcase their wares. More on this below.)
Like all the latest Genesis child themes, Corporate is – crucially – fully Gutenberg-ready. It’s also fully mobile responsive, as you’d expect!
Only a starting point
Never worry about the site looking too similar to other websites, you can quickly and easily tailor it and make it your own in every regard. You will be adding all your own content, images, text, structure and navigations menus. You can add, change or remove everything you see in the demo. You will be amazed how easy it is to customise with your own content, colours, layouts, widgets, logo and fonts.
The Corporate Pro Genesis child theme also sports a long scrolling homepage design, with a full-width layout and a hero section with responsive slider.
On our Advanced WordPress course you will learn how to best configure and benefit from from all the great features the theme offers, like…
- “Call To Action” buttons
- hero sections
- sliders (or “carousels”)
- FAQs with expanding “accordions” for the answers
- WooCommerce shop with products, photos, pricing, basket, orders, reports, etc.
Exceptions – Corporate Pro may not be perfect for every type of website
There are exceptions to this general advice. While Corporate Pro is highly recommended for most typical sites, any sites with specific or niche requirements, that aim to exclusively showcase their wares, may sometimes be better off with a theme more tailored to that particular field.
- Pure eCommerce sites that just exclusively sell products and do nothing else, may be better off with a dedicated eCommerce theme from WooCommerce
- Photography sites that just exclusively showcase photos (and do little else) may be better off with a dedicated photography theme, ideally a Genesis child theme. Google “genesis photography child themes” to see the best and latest examples.
- Blog, lifestyle, news or magazine sites that just exclusively showcase blog posts, articles, features and news (and do little else) may be better off with a dedicated theme, ideally a Genesis child theme. Google “genesis photography child themes” to see the best and latest examples.
At StudioPress Themes, you can filter Genesis Child Themes by eCommerce, Photography, Magazine, Lifestyle, etc.